In which I actually respond to a Ted Cruz supporter.
2018 MIDTERM ELECTION
Time: D H M S
A few days ago, I noted that several Ted Cruz supporters had filled out and submitted the contact form on this site, oblivious to the fact that it has nothing to do with Cruz's campaign.
This morning I received yet another one of these:
I watched your talk this morning on FOX News concering the latest bombing. I take offense to your turning this event into a political issue with your comments on Trump. Whether or not I I am a Trump supporter is of no consequence. I will vote for the GOP candidate that shows the most civil campaign and does no degrade another, but talks more about their policies and ambitions.
Aside from the insanity of suggesting that Donald Trump has run a "civil campaign" which "doesn't degrade others", I'm still flabbergasted that these people are incapable of digesting the voluminous evidence that they're at the wrong website. For once, I decided to address the issue head on by writing this individual back:
I realize that you likely misspelled Sen. Cruz’s name when entering the domain name to visit my website.
I take it from your comments that you’re under the impression that my website is somehow associated with Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign.
I mean no disrespect, but aside from the similar domain name, I can’t help but ask how you could possibly have come to this conclusion, considering that:
- The website is clearly titled “ACASignups.net”
- The slogan at the top of the website is “Tracking Enrollments for the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare)”
- Every navigation tab, with few exceptions, clearly leads to blog entries, graphs, charts or spreadsheets which are concerned with the ACA, healthcare, insurance and so forth.
- The only mentions made of Sen. Cruz anywhere throughout the website clearly don’t present him in a favorable light.
- The contact form which you filled out suggests that you “pound sand” if you’re writing merely to attack me for being an "Obamabot-Kenyan-Socialist-Commie-Libtard-Traitor”. Not exactly the sign of a professional Presidential campaign website.
- The contact form concludes by requiring that you discuss the Air-Speed Velocity of an Unladen Swallow.
I’m genuinely curious what was going through your mind when you filled out and submitted the form, still under the impression that you were addressing Sen. Cruz personally.
I'll post an update if/when I receive a response.